Finally got around to install the Over Racing exhaust, GP Performance Titanium. Surely I could have settled with less, but I simply couldn’t get my eyes off this thing. The craftsmanship of this piece is stunning. The gasket goes on with the flat side facing the exhaust port, and the bolts are torqued “reasonably tight” […]
Once again I was in for a little surprise. As you can see in the post about helicoil madness, I thought that I had finally managed to tighten the intake manifold. Well, I actually had, it just didn’t last that long. It took me only one day to realize that the good bolt hole wasn’t […]
A few pictures showing how the throttle cable is connected to the carburetor.
Apparently I needed to learn yet another lesson. Please see this older post regarding the first battery that I installed, and the little struggle that I had to begin with: Let there be light The old battery drained however faster and faster as the days went by, and after a while I couldn’t even charge it. […]
Jackpot – new gear shifter found and installed.
These old engine heads are sadly quite often in a rough condition. A bit of petroleum paired with a copper brush, followed with a WD-40 coating, made it look pretty decent. It couldn’t however hide the fact, that the restriction had been poorly removed. Furthermore the threads in both bolt holes had been stripped. One […]
Managed to clean up the cylinder head a bit, so that it was ready to be re-installed. A few pictures to show how to set the correct cam timing. The “T” mark on the stator rotor should be positioned at twelve o’clock, in order to be sure that piston is at the top center. The […]
A picture to show the current state of my little RestoMod, which will need the following in order to be 100% done: Carburetor needs to be reinstalled, the top was loose and could not be fastened properly, so had to order a new one, for which I’m currently waiting – not so patiently. Cylinder head […]
One of the few things that are almost impossible to find in either new or mint condition; an original Honda Dax seat for the Danish 1973 model. I found this nice repro seat however, and I’m quite happy with the match. This might very well be the only Chinese part on the bike, except for […]
Brake pedal installed. Had to remove a bit of paint on the brake pedal pivot point, in order to make it fit. Notice the picture showing the two springs, where you actually have to place the smaller spring (the one that attaches to the rear brake light switch) inside the larger one. Truth be told; […]